Saturday, October 29, 2011

On being thankful

Today I gave thanks for the opportunity of meeting a wonderful spiritual life coach, Akrura dasa of Gita Coaching. This man travels the world offering workshops and coaching individuals to achieve a fuller life, not only spiritually but also with issues of this physical reality. I met Akrura in a kirtan, where he led the chanting for the elevation of our consciousness. His interest didn't terminate in the people who were gathered there. So grand is his generosity, his intent was to benefit the whole of humanity with our chanting. "Sound travels around the globe" he said "our chanting will vibrate and spread its benefit to all".


After the kirtan, I eagerly approached him to share that I too am a life coach, helping individuals get in touch with their inner power and fulfill their true potentials. I never expected his reaction! Akrura opened a vast smile that reminded me of a child who has just gotten exactly what he asked from Santa! I shared with him that I coach people holistically, approaching the body, mind and spirit. He was interested in meeting with me to know more about my chosen path.  


Our meeting a few days later was another surprise! Akrura ate a cucumber and a green pepper, part of his raw food diet. This, along with his chanting must be what makes his being so light. "Tell me how you put awareness in the body and soul during your coaching session." Having him listen curiously to my holistic approach to coaching was probably how a musician felt if he was so lucky as to jam with Jimmy Hendrix! 


Before I left, without my asking, Akrura openheartedly gave me most of his and other leaders' work which would take me years to compile. 


How could I not take the time to thank this beautiful soul and my "lucky stars" for having met him?




Gratefulness, simply put, is about getting in closer touch with the origin of which every blessing, benefit or support comes from.  Giving thanks keeps you in contact with the creative force, universal energy, God or whatever you choose to call the unseen power that ultimately rules our existence. 

I ask my coaching clients to report to me on a weekly basis, what it is that they are thankful for in their lives. Some have never had the chance to think about this and therefore don't know what to write. I sometimes get: "I have nothing to be thankful for, can't you see the state that this country/the world/my life is in?" I remind them of their health, or their mother's health or even the blessing of having their children close to them. This automatically puts things into perspective and I see genuine gratitude in their face. 


Being grateful helps us focus on the positive aspects, things and people that enter our lives and therefore compels us to want to share positive things with others.


Try it yourself! Can you make a list of five things you are grateful for today?




2 comments:

  1. Grateful to have you in my life!!!Let's light up everyone souls,uhu!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grateful to have your energy and enthusiasm in mine!!

    ReplyDelete