Tuesday, September 6, 2011

We are all in this together!


I have come across an African word and concept that describes what I wish for the world today.

UBUNTU


Although Ubuntu has a much more profound and broad meaning, one interpretation that serves my purpose is:



"I am what I am because of who we all are." Leymah Gbowee

As previously mentioned, I believe Ubuntu has a very profound meaning. Today, it resonated in my heart when listening to a new friend talk about her life. I tried in vain to hide my tears while listening to the sheer hardship she endured as a child and the extraordinary abundance that she created for herself ever since. 


Yet the magic lies in that she was willing to generously share her story and help me earnestly understand that if she has done it, I, or anyone for that matter, can do the same! Not once did I see a hint of regret or bitterness for what fate dropped in her arms as a little girl. On the contrary, I saw appreciation for hardship, I saw gratitude for life just as it is.  I admired as I felt her eagerness to share these feelings with others.


We talked about the power of our dreams, "Never be afraid of dreaming" She so wisely said "For your dreams will feed your soul and that will keep you moving". We talked about the power of our positive thoughts and how angels speak through those we interact with.


For a moment I wished with all my heart that everyone around me shared in this generosity of spirit. Like the Africans, we can learn to take part on others' happiness and prosperity and know that one's success does not mean his neighbor's failure. Quite the opposite.


Kindness generates kindness and love only spreads out to more love. 


We are all interconnected! 


"I am what I am because of who we all are!"



2 comments:

  1. Dreams always are trying to show us something and by day dreaming things become reality!!!How fantastic our life can be, is all about our choices!!!And yes we are all connected to make this life full of possibilities!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A dream is an inspiring picture of the future that energizes your mind, will, and emotions, empowering you to do everything you can to achieve it. A genuine dream is a picture and blueprint of a person's purpose and potential. John Maxwell

    ReplyDelete